Curated by violinist Caroline Pether
From Arvo Pärt’s use of silence to embrace the spiritual, to the way Haydn uses transitions from dark to light to symbolise transcendence, this music has the power to transport you and gives breathing space from the grind of daily life. Featuring the music of Haydn, Arvo Pärt, John Tavener, John Harbison and Gorecki. This string quartet programme features arrangements of pieces originally written for voices.
- Haydn The Seven Last Words of Christ
- Arvo Pärt Psalom
- John Tavener, arr Parkin The Lamb
- John Harbison Four songs of solitude
- Monk, arr. Parkin Abide with me
- Gorecki Quasi una fantasia: String Quartet No. 2 - I. Largo sostenuto mesto